Sep 13, 2026

I’m loving Lanterns.

If you haven’t watched it I would suggest you do because it’s really terrific. HBO made one of the best comic based series with Penguin and they’ve followed up now with Lanterns. Given that Peacemaker is so much fun I have to say as far as the TV side of things goes they’ve been doing a great job.

Last week they revealed who the Manhunter was which was something I had already guess at. The season only has three episodes left and the first episode ended with John Steward finding Hal Jordan shot in the head on a snowy grandstand in the remote Nebraska town where much of the series takes place.

My money is on the Sheriff’s kid being the person who shot Jordan. They hinted at it in the most recent episode in a bit of throwaway dialogue that was aptly camouflaging an important plot point. It won’t take long to see if I’m right.

Again, HBO is really knocking it out of the park with these DC shows and Disney hasn’t really been doing all that well with Marvel properties recently since Wonder Man finished so it’s nice to see something good show up. 

No comments: